Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Remembering PFC Juan Restrepo, Killed in Action 22 July 2007, Kunar Province, Afghanistan

I apologize that this didn't post on 22 July.  I thought I had set the "auto post" up to post on 22 July while I was away for a few days but I didn't.

PFC Juan Sebastian Restrepo
7 October 1986 – 22 July 2007
Battle Company, 2nd Battalion (Airborne), 503rd Infantry Regiment

PFC Juan S. Restrepo was born 7 October 1986 in Neiva, Columbia. He enlisted in the U.S. Army on 22 February 2006.

During his time in service, PFC Restrepo completed Basic Infantry Training at Fort Benning, Georgia; Medical Advanced Individual Training at Fort Sam Houston, Texas; and Airborne School at Fort Benning, Georgia. On 22 November 2006, PFC Restrepo’s reported to his first duty station at Caserma Ederle, Vicenza, Italy with the 173d Airborne Brigade Combat Team with assignment to 2d Battalion (Airborne), 503d Infantry – The Rock. PFC Restrepo was assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company with duty as a combat medic in Battle Company. He immediately found his home among the combat tested Soldiers of 2nd Platoon – The Spartans. PFC Restrepo trained, deployed, and fought with his Battle Hard brothers in support of OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM VIII. PFC Restrepo distinguished himself as an exemplary medic and as one of the finest Soldiers in the Battle Hard ranks.

PFC Juan S. Restrepo’s awards include the Bronze Star Medal, the Purple Heart, National Defense Service Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon, Basic Parachutist Badge and the Combat Medical Badge

Rest in peace brave warrior.  We will never forget you or your sacrifice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this Leta. I wanted to write out what I was feeling on 22 July regarding the loss of this man and post it, but I just couldn't do it. Instead I found myself in a bad mood, staring a lot. He was a good friend and a great soldier. He is, and will continue to be, missed.

Unknown said...

Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyways, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks very professional. It’s obvious you know your topic and you appear fervent about it. I’m developing a fresh blog plus I’m struggling to make it look good, as well as offer the best quality content. I have learned much at your web site and also I anticipate alot more articles and will be coming back soon. Thanks you.







Medical Writing Service

Anonymous said...

Rest easy Doc ,you cross the river into fiddler's green ,you are now in inmortality with the Top Sergeant.
An old salt usmc ,and former french legionnaire.
Bruno From Puerto Rico