Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Remembering the Fallen of the Battle of Wanat, Afghanistan & Sending Much Love to the Survivors

I've been on the phone off and on today talking with several of the survivors of the Battle of Wanat.  Tomorrow will mark three years snce that awful day.  I honestly think of the Fallen from that battle every single day.  I think of their families, friends and battle buddies.  But tonight I have them laying extra heavy on my mind.

I hope you will join me in remebering and honoring these brave American Heroes.  They gave their lives that day not just defending our nation but in order that those who survived might do so.  They were heroic in their actions and honorable in their lives.  None of these men have been remembered enough for their valor.

1LT Jonathan Brostrom - Silver Star
SGT Israel Garcia - Silver Star
CPL Jonathan Ayers - Silver Star
CPL Jason Bogar - Bronze Star w/V
CPL Jason Hovater - Silver Star
CPL Matthew Phillips - Bronze Star w/V
CPL Pruitt Rainey - Bronze Star w/V
CPL Gunnar Zwilling - Army Commendation Medal w/V
CPL Sergio Abad -Army Commendation Medal w/V

Last year I wrote this post about the fallen heroes who died at Wanat that fateful day.  I hope you will take the time to click on the link and read about each of them. Google each of their names to read about what incredible men they were. They deserve to be remembered every day but especially on this very sad anniversary.

May each of them rest in peace for eternity.

No comments: