Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Different Christmas Poem

Written by LCDR Jeff Giles, SC, USN while with 30th Naval Construction Regiment, OIC, Logistic Cell One, Al Taqqadum, Iraq

Multi hankie alert!

When I read the following, while watching the video, I could NOT stop the tears. If ANY of you men or women I know who wear our nation's uniform EVER question that I love you (and how much I love you) and that you matter, then we need to talk.

This is such an incredible and powerful poem and video presentation of the poem.  I hope you will all spread it far and wide.  Many thanks to LTC (RET) Lombardo for sharing this with me. 

"Then his eye welled a tear that held no regret
Just tell us you love us and never forget.
To fight for our rights back home while we're gone
To stand your own watch no matter how long."

"For when we come home either standing or dead
To know you remember we fought and we bled.
Is payment enough and with that we will trust
That we mattered to you and you mattered to us."

No comments: